All sorts of things came up between day 3 and day 7 including urgent work that required hours of my evening sewing. I was able to complete the tank on day 7 though!
Yay to completing SOMETHING!
I mostly like the way the tank turned out. I think the ruffles are a bit large though. They do, however, cover the straps of a nursing bra which I’ve found to be unusual in a tank! Because my torso is so short, I cut the tank length from 20 to 14 which is much better. I also did not add the pockets.
I really like the square top since scoop necks seem to be too revealing for me when I bend over.
I also added another topstitching detail because I didn’t think it looked as professional with only the one.
Lastly, I used a rolled hem foot to finish the bottom.
It takes practice to get it right, but it is so worth it! I used to spend a HUGE amount of time ironing the hem twice for the hem to be straight. I had the foot, but didn’t know what it was until I saw posts popping up all over the place a few weeks ago. Now, I’m hooked!
Amber’s shirt turned out great AND she paired it with a pair of jeans she scooped up from The Gap for only $2.37!!
Hey, Amber I LOVE those shoes too! I can’t believe they are crocs!
Emma got a bit frustrated with her pattern and hasn’t posted her final top yet. I’ll keep you posted!